Step 3 - Application Process
Only one application is needed to apply for all types of state financial aid, with two exceptions:
- To apply for the Nissan Scholarship and the Mississippi Teacher Loan Repayment Program, click on the online application link listed under the specific program description page.
Follow this simple process:
- Complete the online application, which is available, beginning January 1 of each year. IMPORTANT: Be sure to print the last page for your records.
- Within two weeks of submitting the application, applicants will receive notification, which includes the applicant’s assigned PIN number. The notification will also request any additional information that might be needed.
- Applicants may check their application status online within five business days of submitting the application. Click here to Check the Status of an Application.
- For students with a complete file, financial aid will be awarded beginning in mid-June. Click here to Check the Status of an Award.
- Applicants can make changes to applications, originally submitted online. Click here to Update a Previously Submitted Online Application.