The HELP Scholarship Core Curriculum changed with the passage of HB 425 on March 26 of the 2013 Legislative Session. Click here for guidance: New HELP Scholarship Core Curriculum.pdf. Please read the entire document before contacting the Mississippi Office of Student Financial Aid.
Help your students by submitting their high school grades in a timely manner. Please submit the seven-semester high school grade point average (calculated on a 4.0 scale) for every high school senior no later than May 31 of each year.
IMPORTANT: Official transcripts OR certification of the HELP Core must be received by April 30 for students applying for the HELP Grant.
4 Ways to Submit High School Grades:
- Secure Document Share Portal (NEW!)
Follow instructions, available below, to prepare an electronic file, then upload the file to the Document Share Portal. This method requires NO encryption. Step-by-step instructions are available here. You will need a Username and Password. Contact Beverly Jackson at firstname.lastname@example.org or (601) 432-6437 to obtain your Username. Your Password is your Counselor PIN. Follow instructions below for requesting a PIN, if you do not already have one.
- Secure Counselor Web Application
Step-by-step instructions are available here. To submit grades online, you will need a Personal Identification Number (PIN). Follow instructions below for requesting a PIN.
- CD Containing Electronic File
Follow instructions, available below, to prepare an electronic file, then mail the CD to: Mississippi Office of Student Financial Aid, 3825 Ridgewood Road, Jackson, MS 39211-6453. NOTE: If you choose to submit grades via CD, please do so before April 15.
- Email Containing Encrypted Electronic File Attachment
Follow instructions, available below, to prepare the electronic file, then encrypt the file and email it to email@example.com. Please call Beverly Jackson at 1-800-327-2980 (toll-free in Mississippi) or 601-432-6997 (local to Jackson) for assistance with encrypting Microsoft Excel files.
4 Ways to Certify the HELP Core Curriculum:
HELP Scholarship applicants will be asked to submit a high school transcript. The documentation is needed to determine that the student has completed or will complete HELP Core Curriculum. The following methods of documentation/certification are accepted:
- Counselor certifies completion of the HELP Core Curriculum on a list of HELP applicants posted on the Secure Document Share portal. The counselor should request a list of HELP applicants by emailing Beverly Jackson at firstname.lastname@example.org. Upon request, a list of HELP Scholarship applicants from the specified high school will be uploaded to the Secure Document Share Portal. The counselor can download the list, certify the HELP Core Curriculum on the list provided, and re-upload the certified list to the portal. No additional documents will be required.
- Counselor certifies completion of the HELP Core Curriculum on the Grade File (no transcript required). Follow instructions, available below for preparing the electronic Grade File, then submit the file using one of the methods listed above.
- Couneslor certifies completion of the HELP Core Curriculum online through the Counselor Web Application. You will be required to log in using your 6-digit Institution Code (use your ACT school code without the hyphen) and your Counselor PIN (PIN is case sensitive). After logging in, click GPA submission, and provide the requested information.
- Submit an official high school transcript.
IMPORTANT: Counselors may request a list of all HELP applicants from their school. Lists will be made available to schools AFTER the March 31 online application deadline, to ensure that all applicants are included in the list. To request a list, contact Beverly Jackson at email@example.com or (601) 432-6437.
How to Prepare an Electronic Grade File:
How to Obtain a Counselor PIN:
STOP! Do not re-apply for a PIN unless there has been a change in Principal or Counselor as these PINs are assigned to specific persons at you school.
- Print and complete the participation agreement below.
- Return it to the Mississippi Office of Student Financial Aid, 3825 Ridgewood Road, Jackson, MS 39211. We must have the original.
NOTE: You must have a PIN to log in.
The following high school grades have been processed.